...

fru·gal: (adjective) economical in use or expenditure; prudently saving or sparing; not wasteful.
frab·jous: (adjective) wonderful, elegant, superb, or delicious.

6.22.2010

and it keeps getting better.

so, today i logged on to my bank of america checking account for no other reason than god put a bug in my ear that i should probably give it a look. seriously, i have no idea why i did it other than the idea just popped into my head. i knew how much money i had in the account (or so i thought), and i wasn't expecting any new debits or deposits to be made yet.

oh, how wrong i was.

it turns out that three debits had not been taken out of my account when i gave $1.84 as my checking account balance. oh, no. those three debits came in today. little piddly things, like $1.90 for fountain sodas for sam and me when we were on the way back from my parents' house. and with each debit that came in, i got hit with a $35 overdraft fee. so those three debits added up to about $15, but the fees for the bank covering those debits added up to $105. plus, whenever i overdraw my account, i have it set up so that the checking account automatically pulls money from my savings account to cover it. unfortunately, as i mentioned yesterday, the savings account only had thirty-one cents in it. and whenever the checking account has to pull money from the savings account, bank of america charges me a $10 fee for that transfer.

it's all just a ridiculous amount of fees coupled with irresponsibility (albeit unintentional irresponsibility) on my part.

sam offered to give me enough money to get my account back in the black. i refused, and instead called my mother and explained what happened. she readily agreed to put the money in my account the next day, and i made an addition to the total amount of money i owe her and absolutely will pay her back.

i can't wait until the end of this week, when i will have enough money to bring all of my accounts current.

bah. i think that now i will eat a huge bowl of rice and butter with salt to numb the sadness and frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment