...

fru·gal: (adjective) economical in use or expenditure; prudently saving or sparing; not wasteful.
frab·jous: (adjective) wonderful, elegant, superb, or delicious.

6.17.2010

a proud moment.

today, i was proud of myself.

i went into walmart to pick up something for sam.

the candy aisle was calling my name.

i was craving something chocolaty.

i picked up a box of chocolate covered cherries and went on my way, on to the back of the store to pick up what i was there for.

as i made my way to the cash register, i looked at my box of chocolate.

“do i need this?” i thought. “will i die if i do not eat these chocolates?”

“okay, a little dramatic,” i conceded to myself.

then, “would i rather have these chocolates or financial freedom? these chocolates or law school?”

the chocolates went back on the first shelf i passed. i apologize to the unfortunate walmart worker who will find them as he stocks shelves later tonight and will have to return them to their rightful place to wait for someone more financially solvent to purchase them. but i was having an epiphany, okay? surely you understand.

it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment